Friday, March 22, 2013

When Mom is Sick

Today's Cast of characters: Dearest Husband - almost older than dirt
                                          Myself - as old as dirt
                                          Mr. Scientist- 10 yo
                                          Miss Dancer- 8 yo
                                          Destructo Boy- 4 yo

You never know what may happen when mom is in bed, sick...

After taking care of a sick and vomiting Miss Dancer all night, I was exhausted and feeling nauseous myself, so I stayed in bed and let the kids get their own breakfast. When I went to the kitchen, a short time later, there was a margarita glass full of lemon juice and an egg floating in it. Yes, Mr. Scientist had been at it again.

Later, I took a short nap and I remember hearing Mr. Scientist and Miss Dancer making Chicken Noodle Soup. Then Mr. Scientist said the soup was hot enough because Destructo Boy couldn't keep his finger in it. I know, most "good" moms would have jumped up to make sure their 4 yo was OK and finish the soup. Well, I didn't (think what you want) and then I heard, yep it is 103 degrees. Drifting back to sleep I wondered how he knew.

After I awoke, I had some saltines in bed hoping they would settle my stomach. At that time Destructo Boy touched Mr Scientist's experiment, a little too hard. He pinched, or squeezed depending on who you ask, the top of the egg and it broke.

To keep Destructo Boy from turning into a science experiment, I decided I had better get up. There were dishes to do so I got busy. Empty margarita glass- reminder of the failed experiment, candy thermometer-so that was how he knew the soup's temp and a turkey baster-what? where was that from? Do I even want to know? Probably not. All the kids we're alive and seemed unharmed. Sometimes don't ask don't tell is a good phrase for a mom to remember...especially a sick mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment