Friday, April 19, 2013

Too busy procrastinating!

Yes, that is what I have been busy doing, procrastinating. There is so much I need to do and haven't done. And then I have so many things I want to share with you, but I don't sit down to write them. Nor do I clean the house, or do enough laundry to even put a dent in it, or a host of other things that I should be doing. What do I do then you ask? Some days even I wonder. That's the problem with procrastinating: time flies by and there is nothing to show for it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't just lay in bed all day, unless I have a massive migraine. Some things get done, the "urgent" things...others might call it "the last minute" needs. I tend to do things at the last minute because I didn't do it before. :(

I know there are different names for my "problem", SHE (Sidetracked Home Executive), Messies, and I suffer from CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). I've read all the books and at least started many of the "methods": 3x5 cards, Mt. Vernon cleaning and flying. I do fine for a little while and then, poof! back to the way it was. Each of these methods are good and have helped many people, just some people (me) seem to have a harder time keeping from falling back into the old procrastination ways.

So now what? Well a change needs to be made. Starting Tuesday (too much happening to even try to change before Tuesday, no really), I will go back to being a FLYbaby. I've fallen before, but this time I will be like a baby bird, and keep trying to FLY. I know I can't do it on my own, I've tried and failed. I'll eventually have to teach my kids and husband to FLY but it can be done. I know that God wants me to succeed. And He has promised that even though I am weak, I can do all things through Christ (His Son).

Are you a procrastinator, SHE or Messie? Have you ever tried to get get your house in order and failed? God gives you the same promise He does to me. He will strengthen you; just look to the Son and we can FLY to Him together. Let me know you are joining me. We start Tuesday. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment