Thursday, April 4, 2013

Too much chocolate? Is there such a thing?


Chocolate…I really enjoy it and so do my kids and husband. But do we need a dozen solid chocolate bunnies? Or a basket of solid chocolate eggs? No. But I absolutely refuse to waste food, even unhealthy food. So what to do with all that chocolate?

I take all the solid chocolate and bag it up for later use. Here are some ideas of ways to use your chocolate:
  • Shave it to use as desert decorations
  • Chop it by hand or in your food processor to use in place of chocolate chips in recipes
  • Melt to make a chocolate fondue
  • Break into small pieces to use in place of chocolate bars on s’mores
  • Chop and mix into ice cream for your own home made flurry
  • Melt and use in place of chocolate syrup: on ice cream, in milk or in a shake

This is definitely not an exhaustive list. I'd love to know how you use leftover chocolate. Share your ideas in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment